Welcome!

Welcome to Erika Scott Photography, the blog. Thank you for stopping by to check out my photography and read stories of our zany life!

I am a mom of two kiddos who keep me smiling, laughing, and squeezing joy out of every minute of life. I am the wife of a man who keeps me grounded, who taught me patience, goofiness, and that some people get really annoyed if the lid of the jelly jar isn't on straight. I am a teacher to a group of fifth graders who keep me learning and always interested in striving to find a way to do a better job. I am a photographer whose goal it is to document our history, one moment at a time. I love my life and the people in it. That pretty much sums it up.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Princess

So, I spend a fair amount (okay, a LOT) of time browsing "real" photographers' websites and blogs. They give me inspiration, are enablers in spending money on kids clothing and props and photography equipment, and teach me various aspects of improving my skills. I love photographs of girls with fur-lined hoods in the winter. Don't know why; probably related to my love of historical romances (couldn't you just see some nobel lady in the 1800s in her carriage sneaking away to a tryst with her man wearing a fur-lined cape/hood deal?) Now that I write it, it sounds weird to compare that to little girls, but you get my drift...

Anyway, here's Miss Abigail in her Snow Princess hooded sweatshirt.

No comments: