Welcome!

Welcome to Erika Scott Photography, the blog. Thank you for stopping by to check out my photography and read stories of our zany life!

I am a mom of two kiddos who keep me smiling, laughing, and squeezing joy out of every minute of life. I am the wife of a man who keeps me grounded, who taught me patience, goofiness, and that some people get really annoyed if the lid of the jelly jar isn't on straight. I am a teacher to a group of fifth graders who keep me learning and always interested in striving to find a way to do a better job. I am a photographer whose goal it is to document our history, one moment at a time. I love my life and the people in it. That pretty much sums it up.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas at Our House

Whew! Christmas is over, and now it's time to clean up the wrapping paper, throw away all the boxes, head to the gym to work off the holiday cookie calories, and let the dust settle. On Christmas Eve, Cooper baked and decorated Christmas cookies and Mommy and GG, and then assembled a gingerbread Santa sleigh with Daddy and Grandma Lien. We opened family gifts that night, so that the Santa presents could get their full glory Christmas morning. Yes, he is wearing his Halloween costume, Super Why. He's really into being a superhero lately, and if he could, he would wear the costume 24/7. On a side note, he said to me, "Mommy, superheroes wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes...so do I need to wear my underwear on the inside, too?" Yes, son, considering your costume is so well-loved that it has three holes in the crotch, it's probably a good idea to wear underwear on the inside of your clothes, too. :)

This year, Coop was so excited to open gifts that it was tough to contain him....Abby could have cared less about opening gifts, but she did want to play with all of her brother's new toys. It wasn't until later that she got interested in her own new stuff. They both now have a lot of new toys and activities to keep them occupied for at least the rest of the winter break, and Mommy has an excuse to figure out some new toy organization to accommodate the new items.











No comments: