Welcome!

Welcome to Erika Scott Photography, the blog. Thank you for stopping by to check out my photography and read stories of our zany life!

I am a mom of two kiddos who keep me smiling, laughing, and squeezing joy out of every minute of life. I am the wife of a man who keeps me grounded, who taught me patience, goofiness, and that some people get really annoyed if the lid of the jelly jar isn't on straight. I am a teacher to a group of fifth graders who keep me learning and always interested in striving to find a way to do a better job. I am a photographer whose goal it is to document our history, one moment at a time. I love my life and the people in it. That pretty much sums it up.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pasties

We have a tradition on my side of the family of making pasties. Basically, an individual meat pie. Anytime I mention making them, Bryan likes to tease me and call them by the other pronunciation of the word "paste-ee's" and wiggle his eyebrows at me...anyhow, my mom and I made them today and Cooper helped out. Yummm...a bite of heaven on a fork. Just a tip from me...cut the fat in these little babies by putting a pat of butter on the top.

Here's GG and Cooper making a sugary, cinnamon treat with leftover dough.


A sneak peek at the pasties baking:


Miss Abby knew there was something great going on in that oven and had to check it out:

No comments: